This is from Henny.
I met Henny last semester over my „Maggots“ (Vici & Fofo) and also on a running dinner Pascal was organizing (the dude who doesn´t like raw tomatoes) and envy her this semester for traveling around the world where as I am chilling here in Oestrich-Winkel. I always like to follow her nice pictures of traveling, like her trip through Paris, Monacco, St Tropez, Cannes, Morocco, Casablanca, Marrakesch and the sahara desert.Yup but Oewi was fun, too. After in return following my blog she realized I have a lack when it comes to sweet recipes and sent me her recipe for her Easter Bunny Cocolate Cake! I really think it looks great and when exams are over I´ll try to bake it!
„For everyone who wants to get rid of too many easter eggs and easter bunnies or anyone else who loves chocolate and caramel it is the perfect sunday afternoon cake!“
What do you need?
For the dough:
- 250 g butter
- 250 g remnants of Easter eggs and bunnies
- 150 ml Espresso
- 225 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g cane sugar / brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 100 ml buttermilk
- 4 eggs
For the salted caramel:
- 200 g white sugar
- 75 ml cream Double (cream works also)
- 50 g butter
- ½ sea salt
For the Chocolate ganache:
- 50 g chocolate (Easter Bunny)
- 50 ml Cream Double
What do you do?
First of all you should start with the salted caramel. Put sugar and 50 ml of water in a pot at very low temperature until the sugar is melted. When it reaches a golden clear creamy stage, which takes a while, you can take the pot of the oven and put the cream and butter as well as the salt into it. For the cake you need to heat your oven to 150 degree.
1. Put chocolate, pinch of salt, espresso and butter into a pot and heat it up until it is completely melted. 2.Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa in a large bowl. 3. Mix the Buttermilk and the 4 eggs to the melted butter chocolate cream. 4. Mix everything together with the flour mixture. Afterwards it goes into a cake mold and goes for about 1 hr in the oven. In the meanwhile you prepare the ganache which is also very easy. Just heat up the Cream double and pour it over the chocolate and wait till the chocolate is melted.When the cake is done it needs to cool down for a bit, afterwards you slice it in the middle that you have two bases. The first base gets the caramel and a little bit of the ganache, than you put the second base on top. For the topping you use the hand mixer to make the ganache more creamy. Finally you spread the fluffy ganache all over the cake. If you like you can even put some white chocolate rasps.
Happy (belated) Eastern!