This is for you Felix
I always hated Tartar. Rare beef? I mean I always liked Carpaccio but the amount of meat in this dish kind of confused me. Since Vienna is my next place-to-be, we visited a nice Restaurant together with a cute couple, Magda being vegan, Felix not-so-being vegan. I myself decided to order Tartar, which was on the menu, for the very first time ever in my life.
Being inspired about how much I surprisingly liked it and how nice the atmosphere and the adorable people were gave me the courage to try it myself.
Check it out & let me know what you think!
What do you need?
- Beef Tartar as much as you wish (has to be extremely fresh, buy it on the same day you serve it)
- Some capers (2-3 per person)
- Some Anchovies (2-3 per person)
- 1 egg per person
- Mustard (1 small spoon of honey per person)
- Some parsley
- 1/2 onion per person
- 1 garlic glove
- Some olive oil
- pickled cucumber
- if you wish some cream cheese (non-compulsory)
What do you do?
Cut the onions and the rest into pieces and mix the ingredients together. Season the tartar and arrange it with some toast or dark bread, such as it pleasures your.
I had mine also with some cream cheese, but that’s just preference.